"2 men accused of attacking pilot at Miami airport"

Thursday, July 28, 2011

2 men accused of attacking pilot at Miami airport
The Associated Press

MIAMI -- Two brothers were arrested at Miami International Airport after
police say they attacked a pilot who kicked them off his plane.

According to an arrest affidavit, Jonathan and Luis Baez were aboard an
American Airlines flight bound for San Francisco.

Police say that while the plane taxied out Wednesday night, a flight
attendant noticed that Jonathan Baez had not buckled his seat belt. She told
police he was unresponsive and appeared to be intoxicated or on drugs.

The pilot turned the plane back to the gate. The Baezes were escorted off
the plane, but police say Jonathan Baez returned to punch the pilot in the
face.

Police say both brothers then attacked the pilot as he followed them into
the terminal.

Passengers held them down until police took them into custody.