"Airline Luggage Found In Houston Dumpster"

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Luggage Found Tossed In Dumpster
KPRC-TV Ch 2 (NBC), Houston (TX)

HOUSTON -- Nearly 100 bags of luggage were found in a Dumpster several miles
from George Bush Intercontinental Airport on Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

The luggage was discovered in a Dumpster outside a pets store on the North
Freeway near F.M. 1960. The store was going to use the Dumpster to get rid
of debris from a recent fire.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the luggage belonged to people who
flew internationally on Continental, Lufthansa, British Airways and US
Airways.

Investigators said some of the luggage had been opened and had valuables
removed.

One of the bags belonged to a woman from Mexico City who said she lost a
computer and a camcorder in her luggage. She is trying to figure out how her
luggage ended up in Houston when she never traveled through the city. She
started in Portland and had layovers in Las Vegas and Phoenix.

Some travelers were worried about what could happen to their lost luggage.

"I have all my Christmas presents in there," traveler Elaine Mogabgab said.

Officials with Continental Airlines said they have the luggage and are
trying to reunite it with their owners.

FBI investigators are working to determine how the luggage ended up in the
trash.

Click or paste the link to view the video:
  Lost Luggage Found In Houston Dumpster
http://www.click2houston.com/news/10611898/detail.html#