"2 Southwest jets bump tails at San Diego airport"

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

2 Southwest jets bump tails at San Diego airport
The Associated Press

SAN DIEGO - Two Southwest Airlines jets simultaneously pulling out from
their gates at San Diego International Airport bumped into each other's
tails Tuesday, officials said. No injuries were reported.

The accident prompted officials to return the planes to their gates and take
the passengers off, Southwest spokeswoman Marilee McInnis said.

The planes - one bound for Las Vegas, the other headed to San Jose - were
grounded for inspection, McInnis said. There was no significant damage.

Seventy-two passengers on the Las Vegas flight and 125 aboard the San Jose
flight waited nearly an hour before being transferred to other planes,
McInnis said.

The cause of the accident was being investigated, she said.