"Stewart airport manager is in sales talks"

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Airport manager is in sale talks
The Poughkeepsie (NY) Journal

NEW WINDSOR - A brief update, with no names, has been offered by National
Express Group PLC on its intent to sell its leasehold on Stewart
International Airport.

"As announced in September, we are in discussions relating to the sale of
Stewart Airport in New York state. We expect to conclude these negotiations
in the first quarter of next year," a statement from the company, based in
London, said Monday.

The statement was a "report on trading" issued prior to the close of the
company's fiscal year, Dec. 31. National Express said the company is
"trading ahead" of expectations.

Nearly all of its business is in rail lines and busing. The sale of Stewart,
a tiny part of the company, will end its involvement in the aviation
business.

A number of international private firms are interested in airport ownership
or long-term leases such as Stewart's. National Express began a 99-year
lease in 2000 after Gov. George Pataki's privatization initiative.