"Napping man causes airport security to ground flight from Raleigh"

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Napping man causes airport security to ground flight from Raleigh
The Associated Press

MORRISVILLE, N.C. - A flight to Cincinnati was canceled Tuesday when
authorities discovered a man sleeping on the Boeing 737 jetliner before
passengers boarded it.

Delta Air Lines Flight 717 from Raleigh-Durham International Airport was
scheduled to leave about 6 a.m., said airline spokesman Anthony Black.

The flight was canceled after "the aircraft was re-swept by security," Black
said.

Passengers were accommodated on other flights, airport spokeswoman Mindy
Hamlin said. The man's name hasn't been released and investigators haven't
disclosed how the man got onto the plane.