"Health group finds food to like at Philly airport"

Monday, December 18, 2006

Health group finds food to like at airport
The Philadelphia (PA) Inquirer

Philadelphia International Airport may look at first glance to be a sea of
fast-food restaurants. But that's not entirely true, according to an annual
survey of 13 major airports by the Physicians Committee for Responsible
Medicine.

The nonprofit group, which promotes preventive medicine and good nutrition,
included Philadelphia in the survey for the first time this year. The
results: Eighty-six percent of the 37 airport restaurants that serve main
entrees (not just snacks or sandwiches) offer at least one healthy option.
The group defined healthy as a low-fat, high-fiber, cholesterol-free
vegetarian entree. The average score for all airports surveyed was 88
percent.

The committee singled out the vegetable sandwich or pasta marinara at Cibo
Bistro & Wine Bar, the veggie bowl at Asian Chao, and the veggie wrap or
salads at Lamberti International.