"Delta eyes reorganization plan"

Monday, December 18, 2006

Delta eyes reorganization plan
The Cincinnati (OH) Enquirer

Delta Air Lines Inc., working to beat back an $8.4 billion merger bid from
US Airways Group Inc., may file by Tuesday a sweeping bankruptcy
reorganization plan, The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site today.

Citing unnamed sources, the Journal said the value of the company under the
reorganization plan was $10 billion to $12 billion.

That range, representing the Atlanta airline's estimated market value after
emerging from bankruptcy, is down from the $12 billion to $14 billion range
that the airline caculated earlier this year.

Delta is restructuring under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. US Airways in
November proposed a deal to buy Delta, which the airline is fighting in an
effort to emerge next year as a stand-alone entity.