"Kansas City Int'l Airport Traffic Up 10.2 Percent in November"

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kansas City International Airport Traffic Up 10.2 Percent in November
Passengers increased 10.23 percent from November 2005
Kansas City (MO) infoZine

Kansas City, Mo. - Kansas City International Airport (KCI) recorded 882,390
passengers arriving and departing through its gates in November, an increase
of 10.23 percent from November 2005. The total passenger boardings at KCI
during November increased 11.13 percent from the same month in 2005, with a
total of 452,866 passengers boarding flights at the airport. Year to date,
passenger boardings at KCI totaled 4,966,728, an increase of 8.58 percent
from the same period last year.

The number of peak-day scheduled aircraft departures for November was 226.
Service was offered to 57 nonstop markets and more than 100 direct markets
(one stop, same plane). There was an average of 22,415 domestic seats
available in the market each day. In addition, there were 746 international
seats available in the market on a weekly basis. November saw an 8.5 percent
increase in scheduled seat capacity from the same month in 2005. New nonstop
service to Ft. Myers, Florida was inaugurated by Midwest Airlines in
November.

KCI recorded air cargo tonnages for the carriers, which consist of both
freight and mail, were up 2.24 percent in November. Air freight handled at
KCI during November amounted to more than 20 million pounds, which
represents a year over year increase of 7.11 percent. Air mail for November
totaled nearly 5.1 million pounds, down 13.88 percent from November 2005.
The all-cargo carriers reported 9 daily departures for November.