"Suspicious item at San Diego airport turns out to be a roll of coins"

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Suspicious item at San Diego airport turns out to be a roll of coins
The Associated Press

SAN DIEGO - A suspicious item that that briefly delayed security screenings
this morning at San Diego's airport turned out to be a roll of coins inside
a carry-on bag.

Officials say the delay at Lindbergh Field's Terminal 2 lasted 30 minutes,
and did not affect any flights.

At about 10:30 this morning a screening revealed an opaque object inside a
bag.

A security official requested the bag be physically searched, but then
authorities could not locate it.

After a security sweep, authorities found the bag and its owner at a food
court, escorted him back and conducted the search.

The the opaque object turned out to be a roll of coins.

The bag's owner was able to make his flight.