"Richmond airport adopts rules for fuel trucks"

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Airport adopts rules for fuel trucks
The Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch

The regional airport commission adopted a set of training and enforcement
rules for fuel truck operators today, a move designed to toughen oversight
of anyone hauling combustible materials at Richmond International Airport.

The unanimous vote ended months of wrangling with fuel providers over the
powers and reach of the Capital Region Airport Commission and its officials.

The measures were drawn up to address safety concerns over two accidents
earlier this year in which private fuel trucks struck commercial jets. There
were no serious injuries and no fire or fuel spill in either incidents.