"Changi Airport secures contract to manage Abu Dhabi International Airport"

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Changi Airport secures contract to manage Abu Dhabi International Airport
By Loh Kim Chin
Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE - Changi Airport is exporting its management expertise to Abu
Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

It has secured a contract to manage the Abu Dhabi International Airport for
1.5 years.

No financial details were given, but the contract marks Changi Airport's
entry into the Middle East which it has described as a fast-growing aviation
market.

Under the deal, Changi will oversee the operations of the Abu Dhabi's
existing airport terminals and improve their efficiency, safety, security
and service quality.

Abu Dhabi International Airport currently has an annual capacity of 7
million passengers.

It is developing a new terminal building which can handle 40 million
passengers a year when it is completed by 2010.

The Abu Dhabi contract follows another deal that Changi Airport signed three
months ago to manage Terminal 1 of Moscow Airport.