"TV Reporter Charged for Airport Maneuver"

Thursday, July 1, 2004

TV Reporter Charged for Airport Maneuver
The Associated Press

A Fargo, North Dakota television reporter has been charged with criminal
trespass.

WDAY reporter Michael Licquia was arrested Saturday after witnesses reported
seeing him scale an eight-foot security fence at the Fargo airport. He's due
to make his first court appearance tomorrow.

WDAY news director Al Aamodt says the 28-year-old Licquia was developing a
story about airport security, but going into restricted areas at the airport
was not part of the assignment.

Aamodt says Licquia will remain suspended without pay until the station
makes a decision about his future.

Licquia has declined comment.

Authorities say he told officers he scaled the fence, ``to see if I could do
it.''