"Naked man runs on La Guardia tarmac"

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Naked man runs on La Guardia tarmac
United Press International

NEW YORK, (UPI) -- New York City police said an emotionally disturbed man
bared it all, scaled a fence and scurried around naked at La Guardia
Airport.

The 27-year-old man Friday climbed over a blast fence -- a barrier at the
east end of the airport that redirects the high-speed air as a jet takes
off.

He ran about 10 feet down a grassy landscape before he was spotted by Delta
Air Lines employees, the New York Post reported.

The airline employees quickly restrained the disrobed man and called Port
Authority of New York and New Jersey police.

The man, whose name was withheld, was arrested and charged with criminal
trespass.

He was taken to Elmhurst General Hospital for psychiatric evaluation and to
be treated for lacerations to his hand that he might have received when he
climbed the fence, according to police.

http://www.californiaaviation.org/dc/dcboard.php