"West Virginia's Yeager Airport Opens Concourse C to Traffic"

Monday, November 12, 2001

Yeager Airport Opens Concourse C to Traffic

CHARLESTON, W.Va., /PRNewswire/ -- Yeager Airport Officials today opened
a new four-gate concourse in the main terminal building. The concourse,
designed by L. Robert Kimball and Associates, meets the challenges of
providing quality passenger services for airlines using regional jets.

Concourse C is equipped with two Ground Level Loading Bridges, including
the first "apron drive" ground level loading bridge built by Dew
Engineering and Development LTD. The Dew Level Loading Bridges provide
the flexibility to serve both turbo prop airplanes like the Dash 8 and
Saab 340 as well as the Canadair Regional Jet and Embraer Regional Jet.
The bridges also will provide service to full size jets such as DC 9's,
Boeing 737 and 757 aircraft.

With new seating for 185 passengers, Yeager's Concourse C provides a
panoramic view of Charleston, WV's Yeager Airport. The $2.8 million
dollar project was built by Highpoint Construction of Buckhannon, WV and
was completed three months ahead of schedule.

Funding for the terminal expansion was obtained from the Airport
Improvement Program (AIP) of the Federal Aviation Administration and
from Passenger Facility Charges (PFC). The Yeager Airport Board
Chairman, R. Edison Hill, said: "We appreciate the hard work of our two
United States Senators, Robert C. Byrd and Jay Rockefeller, to pass
Air-21, the landmark Aviation Infrastructure bill, and to secure the
funding for the AIP program. We would not have been able to complete
this project without the funding that their leadership provided."

Rick Atkinson, Yeager airport director, remarked, "Concourse C provides
our passengers the finest facilities in the nation and marks a
continuation of our goal to serve the public in an efficient and
effective manner."

Yeager Airport is serviced by six airlines with 44 departures daily to
11 non-stop destinations. 17 of the 44 departures are serviced by
regional jet aircraft.

http://www.californiaaviation.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?conf=DCConfID8